He was born in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, where he remained until his graduation in medicine and his bachelor title of Medicine and Surgery at the University of La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife in 1982. His specialization in Ophthalmology as Resident Doctor (MIR) at the Medical University Hospital San Carlos in Madrid 1983-1987. Specialized in studies at the Retina-Vitreous Department of the University Hospital of La Paz in Madrid 1987.
- Associated Ophthalmologist at the University Hospital of Alcalá de Henares, Madrid, 1988.
- Minor in Cataract and Refractive Surgery at Lievensberg and Bergen op Zoom Hospitals, Netherlands 1988-89.
- Associate in Ophthalmology at Lievensberg Hospital, Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands, from January to December 1989.
- Since 1990 is established as ophthalmologist in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- In 1990-91 he introduces incisional corneal refractive surgery in Tenerife.
- He heads the Ophthalmology service at Hospitales de Tenerife (HOSPITEN) 1990-92.
- In 1993 he was a founding partner in the ophthalmology team putting excimer laser refractive surgery in Tenerife. Continuing with this technique to perform with progressive improvements since then until today.
- In 1993 he introduces the ambulatory cataract surgery systematically in the province of Tenerife.
- In 1994 he introduces the phacoemulsification as a cataract surgery technique.
- In 1995 he introduces topical systematic anesthesia for cataract surgery in Tenerife.
- Directing the Ophthalmology service of Hospital San Juan de Dios de Tenerife 1996-2001.
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine on refractive surgery and phacoemulsification cataract, by the Complutense University of Madrid “Cum Laude” unanimously dated on November 21, 1996.
- In 1997 he made first course of ambulatory surgery live cataract by Phacoemulsification in the Canaries. Hospital of San Juan de Dios de Tenerife.
- In 1998 he introduces the technique LASIK for treating myopia and astigmatism in Tenerife.
- In 2000 he introduces Phakic intraocular lenses of the posterior chamber to correct myopia in Tenerife.
- In 2001 he founded the Instituto Oftalmológico Amigó y Muiños creating the first authorized Canary Center for Ophthalmic Ambulatory Surgery. Medical management of the Instituto Oftalmológico Amigó y Muiños until september 2001.
- In 2003 he introduces personalized treatments with excimer laser for treating myopia and astigmatism.
- In 2005 he introduces the implantation of intracorneal rings for the refractive treatment for keratoconus in Tenerife.
- In 2006 he created the Instituto oftalmológico Amigó.
- In 2009 he introduces in Tenerife the Cross-Linking for the treatment of progressive keratoconus.
- In 2009 he introduces in Tenerife the Presbilasik for laser treatment of presbyopia.
- In 2009 he creates the Research Section of IOA with the main objective of developing research and innovation in refractive surgery techniques.